Guidelines For Counselors
Counselors are the nourishment God has provided for the growth of our campers. Each counselor will be responsible for the children in their cabin (5-6) and will accompany them during their daily activities as well as staying with them after “lights out” or bedtime. Additionally, counselors will help to run and foster the activities (art, recreation, devotions, and whole group activities) that make the days fun, exciting, but also safe for all the campers each day.
Counselors must also follow the guidelines below:
- Socially love children and accept them; stimulate enthusiasm for all activities.
- Emotionally foster relationships with children when they are sad, lonesome, homesick, or just need someone to talk to.
- Physically enjoys the outdoors and is able to meet the demands of a week at camp.
- Spiritually share a deep commitment to God and His Word with prayer and love.
Also, because we teach by example, counselors must adhere to the following rules:
- No alcoholic beverages.
- No smoking.
- No leaving the camp grounds without the permission of the Dean, and then only in an emergency.
We thank God that you are prayerfully considering His call in service as a camp counselor. Please continue to pray for a happy and safe camping season for all attending Camp Linn Haven. Please submit your application before April 1. You will receive a covenant to sign and an information sheet 2-3 weeks prior to your arrival times. If you have any questions or need more applications for friends/family, please contact Teirsa Lane. All applications can be mailed to Teirsa.